At Westview, we pride ourselves in facilitating learning experiences whereby students can achieve the highest standards education has to offer. It is our core belief that students who are conscientious and well rounded individuals will get more out of their education than those who are not. We also believe that education needs to be relevant to the wider world for it to be engaging and to resonate with our student body, which is why we place so much value on enabling students to form an appreciation, understanding and competencies in Cambodian culture and language, in addition to global citizenship and community service. Our curriculum is built around the following schoolwide learner outcomes which students will continue to expand on, year on year:
- ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE: Students will achieve their intellectual potential by striving for and attaining the highest standards of academic excellence.
- CONSCIENTIOUS LEARNERS: Students willingly apply a variety of self-reflection strategies throughout their learning processes, demonstrating the habits of a growth mindset and a strong work ethic.
- WELL ROUNDED INDIVIDUALS: Students will demonstrate the fundamental characteristics of well-rounded individuals, critical thinkers and conscientious leaders, adopting the character traits of our sixteen Character Profiles.
- CAMBODIAN CULTURE: Students will gain a strong understanding of Cambodian values and form an appreciation of the qualities that make up Cambodian culture and society.
- GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP: Students will understand what it means to be a global citizen, and play a conscientious and proactive role in being a valuable member of a global community with a drive to make the world a better place.